|I knew only one fish curry recipe before i learnt this one from my friends mom. When I ate this curry for the first time, I had to search for sweets at home as it was really spicy. I felt that literally smoke was coming out of my ears :-)|
Below is the recipe for the same if you are a fan of spicy fish curry. Thanks to Jyothi aunt for sharing her recipe with me :-)
Fish: 8 pieces
Sesame seeds (Til):2 tsp
Cumin seeds (Jeera): 1/8 tsb
Fenugreek seeds (Methi): 1/8 tsp
Onions:1/2 big and finely chopped
Grated Coconut: 75 mg
Tamarind: few pieces soaked in water for 1 hr.
Coriander powder(Dhaniya): 1 tsp
Chilli powder: 2 tsp( Use more if you prefer it to be really spicy)
Turmeric powder (Haldi):1 tsp
Lemon Juice: 2 tsp
Oil: 3 tsp
Water: 300 ml
Salt: As per taste
- Marinate fish with lemon juice, salt, 1/2 tsp turmeric, 1 tsp chilli powder. Keep it overnight in the refrigerator.
- In a pan, roast sesame seeds until it turns light brown. Keep it aside.
- In the same pan, roast Cumin seeds and Fenugreek seeds together. Keep it along with Sesame seeds.
- In the same pan, add 1 tsp oil. Once heated, add onions and fry till it turns into transparent. Add coconut and switch off the stove. keep roasting the coconut until pan gets cool down.
- Now grind together the ingredients mentioned in 2,3 and 4 steps along with coriander powder, tamarind juice and remaining chilly and turmeric powder. Add water to make it a fine paste.
- In a wok\pan, add 2 tsp oil, add the above grinded masala. Fry until water is evaporated and oil is separated. You must keep frying otherwise, masala may get burnt.
- Add water slowly into it and mix it well. You can add more or less water as per your requirement.
- Add fish and salt. Cover the pan and let it simmer for 20 mins.
- Serve hot with rice.
You can even use boiled egg instead of fish and name it as egg curry :-)